About the research
The research was conducted via a series of online surveys developed and hosted by CoreData.
• Professional financial adviser survey – conducted between 28 August and 25 November 2020 with 200 valid complete responses
• March Consumer survey (Money & You*) – conducted between 12 March and 20 March 2020 with 2,000 valid complete responses
• April Consumer survey (Financial Resilience Index*) – conducted between 30 April and 3 May 2020 with 1,000 valid complete responses
• August Consumer survey (Financial Resilience Index*) – conducted between 6 August and 7 August 2020 with 1,000 valid complete responses
• The valid complete responses collected formed the basis of the analysis and the report. The sample is representative of the New Zealand consumer population in terms of age, gender and income based on the latest Stats NZ data. The purpose of this survey was to understand the views of the professional financial advice community in 2020.